The main objective of Construction Blueprint is to develop a new sectorial strategic approach to cooperate on skills in the construction industry and support a better matching between skills need of companies and skills provided by training centres. To achieve this goal successfully, the project gathers three European umbrella sectorial organisations, along with nine national sectorial representatives and twelve Vocational and Educational Training (VET) providers from twelve European Union countries. This blueprint will be arranged through a Sectorial Skills Strategy.
The Strategy will bring together lessons learned from other initiatives and will be outlinesd from a holistic approach, identifying political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental factors which may be affecting sector skills and training offers. Encompassed with activities, milestones, outcomes and outputs, these activities will be developed during the course of the project:
- Collecting good practices at national and regional level to illustrate and promote other initiatives addressing skill gaps.
- Designing and deliver a MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) to raise awareness among construction workers about new skills drivers: digitalization, energy efficiency and circular economy.
- Creating the tool WatchTower to provide valuable information about particular skills needs at least at regional/national level.
- Building upon a revision methodology of construction professional profiles and qualifications.
- Carrying out an outreach campaign for the Construction industry to promote its attractiveness among youngsters and women, identifying and promoting solutions to facilitate mobility of construction workers in Europe.
- Creating a new virtual tool (SSA Portal) where all project outputs will be available for stakeholders, as well as a Sector Skills Alliance platform for collaborative work.
More information here: https://constructionblueprint.eu/